On 4/3/24 02:52, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 03.04.2024 08:16, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 02.04.2024 19:06, Andrew Cooper wrote:
Whether to return information about a xen-owned evtchn is a matter of policy,
and it's not acceptable to short circuit the XSM on the matter.

I can certainly accept this as one possible view point. As in so many cases
I'm afraid I dislike you putting it as if it was the only possible one.

Further to this: Is there even a way to express the same denial in XSM?
alloc_unbound_xen_event_channel() doesn't specifically "mark" such a
channel, and (yes, it could in principle be open-coded in Flask code)
consumer_is_xen() is private to event_channel.c. I also dare to question
whether in SILO mode status information like this should be available.

To build on the previous response: if the natural failure return value is -EACCESS in response to a domain resource access attempt, then the probability is extremely high that it should be implemented under a XSM hook and not hard-coded into the resource logic.

v/r,
dps