On Fri, 2024-09-27 at 09:58 +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2024 at 06:54:20PM +0200, Oleksii Kurochko wrote:
> > Introduce SIMPLE_DECL_SECTION to cover the case when
> > an architecture wants to declare a section without specifying
> > of load address for the section.
> >
> > Update x86/xen.lds.S to use SIMPLE_DECL_SECTION.
>
> No strong opinion, but I feel SIMPLE is not very descriptive.  It
> might be better to do it the other way around: introduce a define for
> when the DECL_SECTION macro should specify a load address:
> DECL_SECTION_WITH_LADDR for example.
In the next patch, two sections are introduced: dt_dev_info and
acpi_dev_info. The definition of these sections has been made common
and moved to xen.lds.h, and it looks like this:
   +#define DT_DEV_INFO(secname)    \
   +  . = ALIGN(POINTER_ALIGN);     \
   +  DECL_SECTION(secname) {       \
   +       _sdevice = .;           \
   +       *(secname)              \
   +       _edevice = .;           \
   +  } :text
(A similar approach is used for ACPI, please refer to the next patch in
this series.)

For PPC, DECL_SECTION should specify a load address, whereas for Arm
and RISC-V, it should not.

With this generalization, the name of DECL_SECTION should have the same
name in both cases, whether a load address needs to be specified or not

~ Oleksii