>>> While I agree that one has to provide as much supporting information as
>>> possible
>>> while presenting some work to the community it is that I cannot disclose
>>> MISRA rules here. As you said, MISRA spec is not free. And of course I
>>> cannot
>>> expect anyone to by it for the reason that someone wants some patch to be
>>> "securely" or blindly reviewed. (BTW, this is the topic that has already
>>> been
>>> raised in our team internally and being discussed)
>>
>> I understand that MISRA is not free and does not ask you to copy/paste the
>> PDF.
>>
>> What I ask is provide enough pointer for us to understand how this fits in
>> Xen code base. For instance, a lot of the MISRA rules have explanation
>> online (see website such as [1] and [2]). Another alternative is to
>> summarize the issues with your own arguments.
>>
> Totally agree, I'll try harder next time in finding open sources with rule's
> descriptions

I am wondering, whether it would make sense to buy a set of MISRA C online
copies for people who regularly review other people's code (eg. one per active
committer). The cost is not that high per license
The problem is that it would exclude a part of the community
There would also be a minimal management overhead

Regards
Lars