On 12/12/2019 17:32, George Dunlap wrote:
> The functions alloc_page_type(), alloc_lN_table(), free_page_type()
> and free_lN_table() are confusingly named:

There is alloc_segdesc_page() which should be adjusted for consistency.

> nothing is being allocated or freed.

Well - strictly speaking the type reference is being obtained/dropped,
and this is a kind of alloc/free, although I agree that the names are
not great.

However, I'm not entirely sure that {de,}validate are great either,
because it isn't obviously tied to obtaining/dropping a type reference.

That said, I don't have a better suggestion right now.

~Andrew