Quoting Simon Horman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> If the EFI region is mapped into a region within the address space usually
> used by guests, then the page_fault handler needs to know about it. A
> description of why this mapping is made is included in the patch that makes
> the mapping.
>
> The patch to actually make use of this code is separate.
>
> This does not take into account other ways that relevant functions are
> called.
>
> In particular:
> - vcpu_itc_d() and vcpu_itc_i() call translate_domain_pte()
> - ia64_shadow_fault() and vcpu_tpa() call vcpu_translate()
>
> This patch needs work, and I am positing it for discussion.

Honestly I don't really like this part of the patch: it adds complexity to an
already complex area.

EFI_[UN]CACHED_OFFSET areas are id-mapped.  So why can't the tlb miss be
handled directly in the ivt (like we do for id-mapped Xen area) ?

Maybe I don't really understand the issues so do not hesitate to explain!

Tristan.