On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 16:39 -0400, Mark F Mergen wrote:

> OK, I give up!!  The wiki page that Hollis created (url below)
> displayed for me, when I first looked, with blank lines between the
> paragraphs, as normally expected.  I then edited it, as Hollis
> suggested, and added a paragraph.  I used both text and GUI editing
> modes.  While in edit mode, the paragraphs display with blank lines
> between them, as usual.  But since the first time I saved my changes,
> the blank lines separating paragraphs are removed when displaying in
> non-edit mode.  The editing help is of no help, since it says: to
> separate paragraphs, use one or more blank lines.  Even when I add
> extra blank lines in edit mode, those lines are deleted in the
> non-edit mode display.  So wiki is a typical (bad) computer system.
>  It requires some non-obvious secret, known only to the initiated, to
> get simple expected behaviour.  Who will help me through this
> important initiation to become, at least, a wiki apprentice, since I
> do not aspire to wiki guru-ship?

I've also noticed that wiki paragraphs are not separated by empty lines
(in Firefox 1.5.0.4); I don't think it's something you did. I assumed it
was a bug in the CSS.

James, do you see this? We're talking specifically about
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPPC/NoHV, but I see the same
behavior on every page.

--
Hollis Blanchard