[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 01/27/2007 11:02:03 PM:

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 04:39:39PM -0500, David M Daly wrote:
> > I've been having some trouble netbooting linux on a JS21 with an
initramfs

> Getting a builtin initramfs to work on PPC is tricky.  The only way I
> have found to do it is a fragile two-stage process.

Amos, thanks for the recipes. I've been able to get some initramfs
functionality working using them, and I was able to netboot it.

> I assume that you want to build an initramfs necessary and sufficient to
> run xend and launch a domU, so in the following I describe one technique

I want to do two things with the initramfs:
1. Run xend as you suggest
2. Boot a utility image to set some things up for a later boot (flash
SLOF, configure HBA/SAN settings). This does not require xend running.

I'll post a followup if I get xend working from an initramfs.

Thanks again.

David Daly
Research Staff Member
32-003 IBM T.J. Watson Research Center