Hannes Mayer wrote:
Philippe Gerum wrote:
[...]

The surprise is that xeno_native is statically built-in by default. You can change that selecting the proper tristate position in the kernel config for the native skin.

So everything (even the 16550 driver) is compiled in by default ?
I didn't look that closely last night - I like that! No more insmodding :-)

I just tried two of my programs, but each says:

Xenomai: native skin or user-space support unavailable.
(did you load the xeno_native.ko module?)

kern.log says:
I-pipe: Domain Xenomai registered.
Xenomai: hal/x86 started.
Xenomai: real-time nucleus v2.1 (Surfing With The Alien) loaded.
Xenomai: starting native API services.
Xenomai: starting RTDM services.

What am I missing ?

The feature set between user-space and kernel support is likely mismatching. Try passing --enable-x86-tsc to configure. More explicit messages will be printed out in later versions since we do have appropriate return codes passed back internally to distinguish the cases.

Thanks and best regards,
Hannes.