[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear Gilles,

perhaps I should have mentioned in my earlier postings that I am using a
PowerPC platform. I hope this does not nullify your prior analyses.
As the following output shows, my timer is running in onshot mode :

~ # cat /proc/xenomai/timer
status=oneshot:setup=40:tickval=1:jiffies=940509634545
so, the prerequisites for uvm module should be correct !?
Is the default timing something I can influence with the vxWorks-API ? In the
examples satch.c and koan.c I canĀ“t see any function call refering to timer
mode manipulation.

I've run the satch example successfully on an Icecube board here using -rc2. What's the status of this issue on your side? Was it a timer configuration issue as suspected by Gilles?

Best regards Roderik

This looks like a configuration issue: I get a similar behaviour when configuring periodic timing by default and loading the native module before the uvm module. The uvm skin needs aperiodic timing.

The UVM skin should refuse to start with an error instead of starting with the wrong timer. I am trying to fix this.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.