On 3/11/06, Romain Lenglet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For your information Xenomai website currently uses Joomla CMS framework.
> The website is currently hosted by the fsffrance whose sys admin is really
> careful about security issues. This means that we are advised to use debian
> stable packages only. I don't know if such a package exists for Planet (I
> don't find it via debian search engine.)

No there is none yet.
To install it on Sarge, you must install packages python-feedparser and
python.
Then, download the tarball from planetplanet's website, configure the
templates, and make the python script run through cron. It generates static
HTML pages, and is not a dynamic script, so there are little security risks,
except that it must download the news feed files from the Internet to
generate the pages.

OK thanks for the information and the arguments about security issues. I'm going to take a look at it.

> I need to check first if it is not possible to register news feeds directly
> with Joomla. Maybe it offers this functionality as a module. I'm quite sure
> though I am going to stick to joomla because I noticed that some browsers
> (Konqueror for example) have problems displaying the website correctly !

I am using Konqueror 3.5.1, and I have no problem?!

Thanks for the report !

--
Romain Lenglet