Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>  > Hi Gilles,
>  >
>  > don't know yet what's going wrong, but the following demo code doesn't
>  > compile against the POSIX skin due to unresolved SIG_BLOCK:
>  >
>  > #include <pthread.h>
>  > #include <signal.h>
>  >
>  > int main()
>  > {
>  >         return SIG_BLOCK;
>  > }
>  >
>  > Comment out the pthread include, and it will work again. Any ideas?
>
> Fixed in revision 714

Yep, thanks.

I found this while trying Thomas Gleixner's cyclic test over the POSIX
skin (http://www.tglx.de/projects/misc/cyclictest). After fixing a
rather ugly bug in his code (missing mlockall) I ran into a yet unknown
issue with the POSIX skin: the code just hangs when wrapped to Xenomai.

Compilation:
gcc -o cyclictest cyclictest.c <posix-cflags> <posix-ldflags>

Invocation:
cyclictest -n -p 99

Maybe its just real-time starvation (but the watchdog doesn't trigger,
and I do not see why it should starve), maybe its a crash (will try to
attach a serial console later). Anyway, it's an easy test case (and also
a nice tool), so you may want to have a look as well.