I've got some bad news.

I've rewritten (parts of) my driver to operate in native Linux (i.e. no RTDM, no Xenomai). When I run this in a Xenomai-augmented kernel (with Adeos, evidently), the machine hangs. However, when the same code is run in the same but unmodified kernel, the code works as expected. Therefore it seems that Adeos is to blame here.

Now, I could try to write a small driver program illustrating the problem. Of course, it is impossible for you to test on my board. Maybe we could agree on an MSI capable piece of hardware, that I could write the code for ?

The reason I would very much like to test this setup is that I look upon MSI as a very viable alternative to these ever-damned interrupt sharing mechanisms. It is becoming more and more difficult to find computers that allow you to reserve (a few) IRQ-lines these days (especially notebooks and OEM desktops). Additionally, MSI is capable of bypassing the IO-APIC entirely (although the Linux kernel needs that APIC support to enable MSI - I've still got to find out why that is).

Jeroen.