Am Samstag, 8. April 2006 10:44 schrieb Jan Kiszka:
> Niklaus Giger wrote:
> > Hi everybody
<..>
> This is a really great idea! Of course, I already have another test
> candidate in mind: RTnet 8). Specifically the PPC environment would be
> interesting, as our "buildbot" (sorry, Wolfgang G. ;) ) is typically
> very busy so that build regressions are sometimes only detected with
> delay on that platform. Is it also possible to explicitly trigger an
> update and rebuild?
Yes of course. Just select a buildslave (e.g. ppc or hcu3 ->
http://ngiger.dyndns.org/buildbot/hcu3) and you may manually trigger it. I
intentionally left this facility open for everybody to test it. But it would
of course be possible to restrict it only to a few selected developers.

If you want, I can help you to setup the master.cfg for a rtnet buildbot.

> But also for Xenomai I would see this as a very useful tool, e.g. for
> 2.4 build tests (I must confess I only test sporadically against this
> kernel).
I will add one. Could you please e-mail me (privately if you want) a working
config (ppc, no cross compiling if possible). Or do you want to add a build
slave under your control?
<..>
> Is there no reset button you could control via a master station, e.g. by
> attaching some cheap electronic to a parallel or serial port?
There is a reset button, but then you have it running and consuming
electricity all the times.
> I just remember that DENX once had or still have a remote PPC test-lab
> running. I CC'ed Wolfgang, maybe he could comment on this if and how it
> could be used.
I would be willing to setup a buildbot for the u-boot, too, as my board boots
with a very outdated version of u-boot.

Best regards

--
Niklaus Giger