Philippe Gerum wrote:
 > On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 15:41 +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
 > > Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > >  > Jan Kiszka wrote:
 > >  > > Hi,
 > >  > >
 > >  > > wondering why suddenly things crash on invoking the latency test, I
 > >  > > realised that I turned the nucleus into a module which was not yet
 > >  > > loaded. Here is the oops in this case:
 > >  >
 > >  > Correction: the nucleus was still compiled in, the native skin was
 > > missing.
 > >
 > > After a few investigation, the problem appears to be that the nucleus
 > > assume that user-space skins will issue a bind syscall before using a
 > > skin, and that the user-space RTDM library does not exit if binding
 > > fails.
 >
 > I don't get it: the muxid should be invalid then(?)

Yes the muxid is -1 and everything works fine, it was just a
misinterpretation. When issuing syscalls with a fixed muxid whereas
there is no interface corresponding to this muxid, the nucleus crashes,
but it is acceptable, user-space interfaces should issue an
__xn_sys_bind syscall first.

--

                                            Gilles Chanteperdrix.