Herman Bruyninckx wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Alexis Berlemont wrote:
>>
>> comedi-over-rtdm is currently undergoing deep modifications. I am
>> trying to
>> redefine an architecture more suitable for RTDM. That implies I am
>> rewriting
>> a big chunk of the Comedi code and its drivers without commiting into
>> SVN.
>>
>> I thought it was a bad idea to commit broken code (It does not even
>> compile).
>> Tell me if I'm wrong.
>
> You are right! But maybe it could be good to discuss your architecture on
> the xenomai mailinglist?

Ack. I would be interested in learning more details about the
differences between original comedi (which I still don't know well
enough) and your design. Will the user notice it? What will change for
comedi driver developers? How will the RTDM profile of comedi look like?

And I think that it could be helpful for such a discussion to update the
code in your branch - even if its not compiling.