Matthias Fuchs wrote:
On Monday 11 September 2006 20:13, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
In 2.6 the interrupts are disabled by default. Then the attached patch for Xenomai should help.

Wolfgang.

Your patch also works fine. Now what's the recommended solution? I noticed that Philippe already checked in an Adeos fix.

As mentioned, in Linux 2.6 (generic IRQ layer), IRQs are disabled by default in kernel/irq/handle.c:

  irq_desc_t irq_desc[NR_IRQS] __cacheline_aligned = {
        [0 ... NR_IRQS-1] = {
                .status = IRQ_DISABLED,
                .handler = &no_irq_type,
                .lock = SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED
        }
  };

Till now, I haven't found IPIPE/Xenomai related code removing the IRQ_DISABLED bit. But I wonder why it's working for x86. Maybe I have missed something.

In Linux 2.4, the "status" field is initialized to 0 (in arch/ppc/kernel/irq.c) not making trouble:

  irq_desc_t irq_desc[NR_IRQS] __cacheline_aligned =
        { [0 ... NR_IRQS-1] = { 0, NULL, NULL, 0, SPIN_LOCK_UNLOCKED}};

At least my CAN PCI card on a MPC5200 works fine.

Philippe, do we really need these ugly PIC patches?

Wolfgang.