On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 22:55 +0200, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> attached you will find a first version of the PPC ADEOS-IPipe patch for
> Linux 2.6.18 (from kernel.org) for review. I have also included a
> commented log file with more information on the porting of
> adeos-ipipe-2.6.14-ppc-1.4-00 to Linux 2.6.18. It works with a recent
> version of Xenomai.

Thanks, at first sight, this looks good. I don't see any obvious problem
in the tracer code either. Anyway, I will play with it asap.

> The patch currently only supports devices in the "arch/ppc" tree with
> the option "CONFIG_PPC_MERGE" not set. Porting the "arch/powerpc" tree
> requires further effort and I need a test system as well. Puh, let's
> hope that the merge ppc -> powerpc will be completed soon.
>
> The idle loop is not yet working for 6xx and I have disabled it for
> this reason (check arch/powerpc/kernel/idle.c). It needs further
> debugging. I hope to find more time beginning of October.

Ok, thanks. Btw, returning from NAP on 6xx is done through an exception,
right? If so, maybe we have a problem with this particular
exception/interrupt branching directly to transfer_to_handler_full (i.e.
the vanilla way) without being known from the Adeos pipeline, albeit it
should? (red blinking warning: this is just a wild guess).

> I have tested the patch on some AMCC 4xx system, on a MPC 8560 (85xx)
> and MPC 834x (6xx). I have also not yet tested the IPIPE tracer.

I'll give it a try too on a mpc52xx. Thanks again.