Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Jan Kiszka wrote:
>  > +/* Timer operation modes */
>  > +typedef enum xntimer_mode {
>  > +  XNTM_MONOREL = 0,
>  > +  XNTM_MONOABS = XNTIMER_ABSOLUTE,
>  > +  XNTM_REALABS = XNTIMER_REALTIME | XNTIMER_ABSOLUTE
>  > +} xntimer_mode_t;
>
> Is not it a bit weird to use enums ? I meanç we use #defines everywhere
> else.

I'm starting to like these kind of types, because they express what
values are expected and allowed here. Anyway, if this is not desired, I
can use plain defines again as well.

>  > +  default: /* XNTM_MONOABS || XNTM_REALABS */
>  >            date = xnarch_ns_to_tsc(value);
>  >            if (date <= now)
>  >                    return -ETIMEDOUT;
>  > +          __setbits(timer->status, XNTIMER_REALTIME);
>  > +          break;
>
> Having the same treatment for absolute monotonic and realtime clocks
> looks suspicious.

Nope, please have a look at the two line above this excerpt, they should
explain the difference.

>  > +  default: /* XNTM_MONOABS || XNTM_REALABS */
>  >            if (value <= timer->base->jiffies)
>  >                    return -ETIMEDOUT;
>  > +          __setbits(timer->status, XNTIMER_REALTIME);
>  > +          break;
>
> Same here

Thanks for a having a view,