Hello,

I want to use rtdm_iomap_to_user() to map our device registers to user
space.
But this doesn't work, our application just crashes when I read from the
mapped registers.

When I insert the line

        vma->vm_page_prot = phys_mem_access_prot(filp,
paddr>>PAGE_SHIFT, size, vma->vm_page_prot);

in rtdm_mmap_buffer() just before calling xnarch_remap_io_page_range()
it works fine.
This is just like it is done in /drivers/char/mem.c and in
/drivers/video/fbmem.c.

But I think this is architecture and kernel version dependent and I
don't know whether rtdm_mmap_buffer() is the right place.
I use Xenomai 2.3.1 and Linux 2.6.18 with PowerPC CPU.
What is the best solution? Everyone else seen this problem?

Thanks
Markus