On 06.10.2010 16:24, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> Stefan Kisdaroczi wrote:
>
>> Hi Gilles,
>>
>> On 06.10.2010 14:05, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>> - the debian patch generation script, which caused invalid patches to be
>>> generated for recent kernel releases
>>>

>> The file scripts/prepare-patch.sh is missing in the
>> xenomai-2.5.5.tar.bz2 archive.
>>
> I do not see it in scripts/Makefile.am EXTRA_DIST. Did I miss some part
> of your patch?

No. I missed that in the patch, I just moved the file from debian/ to
scripts/.

Sorry, but a stupid guy like me simply does not understand why a script
in a git tree needs to be put in a Makefile.am so that it gets put in a
archive from that tree.

If I do "git archive v2.5.5 | bzip2 > ..." it works. The only difference
between the archives is the inclusion of the 3 pdf's in the doc/nodist
dir and the 3 small scripts in scripts/maint directory (and
prepare-patch.sh). The pdf's could be put out of the tree, but simple
solutions and workflows are probably just for stupid people like me.

Stefan (annoyed)