On 2011-05-25 14:19, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> On 05/25/2011 02:12 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>> I intended to try and do this next week-end. If it is more urgent than
>>> that, I can try in one or two days. In any case, I do not think we
>>> should try and workaround the current code, it is way to fragile.
>>
>> Mmh, might be true. I'm getting the feeling we should locally revert all
>> the recent MPS changes to work around the issues. It looks like there
>> are more related problems sleeping (we are still facing spurious
>> fast-synch related crashes here - examining ATM).
>
> This is the development head, it may remain broken for short times while
> we are fixing. I would understand reverting on the 2.5 branch, not on -head.

I was thinking loudly about our (Siemens) local branch, not -head. We
are forced to use head to have features like automatic non-RT shadow
migration.

>> Another thing that just came to my mind: Do we have a well-defined
>> destruction order of native skin or native tasks vs. system skin? I mean
>> the latter destroys the local sem_heap while the former may purge
>> remaining native resources (including the MPS fastlock). I think the
>> ordering is inverted to what the code assumes (heap is destructed before
>> the last task), no?
>
> IMO, the system skin destroy callback should be called last, this should
> solve these problems. This is what I was talking about.

OK. Still, tasks aren't destroyed on mm shoot-down but via a dedicated
do_exit callback that is invoke by the kernel a few instructions later.
Nothing we can directly influence from Xenomai code.