On 06/18/2011 02:10 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> On 2011-06-18 14:09, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

>>> Hmm, yes, in the corner case of coalesced timed RT task wakeup and host
>>> tick over a root thread. Well, then we actually have to reload sched and
>>> keep the ordering to catch that as well.

>>> That would be another severe bug if we left an interrupt handler with
>>> hard IRQs enabled - the interrupt tail code of ipipe would break.
>>>
>>> Fortunately, only xnpod_suspend_thread re-enables IRQs and returns.
>>> xnpod_schedule also re-enables but then terminates the context (in
>>> xnshadow_exit). So we are safe.
>>
>> I do not think we are, at least on platforms where context switches
>> happen with irqs on.
>
> Can you sketch a problematic path?

On platforms with IPIPE_WANT_PREEMPTIBLE_SWITCH on, all context switches
happens with irqs on. So, in particular, the context switch to a relaxed
task happens with irqs on. In __xnpod_schedule, we then return from
xnpod_switch_to with irqs on, and so return from __xnpod_schedule with
irqs on.

Maybe in the irq handlers, we should skip the XNHTICK replay, when
current_domain is root_domain.

--
                                                                Gilles.