Hans-J. Ude wrote:
When I create some tasks under the vx skin with different priorities and
then look at the /proc/xeno/sched file they are all listed with the
value 2. Shouldn't priorities be mapped to the internal priority scale?
Of course I can't expect the original vx values there but nevertheless
they shouldn't be all the same. I've created an rtai interrupt handler
task with priority 99 too. That one appeares with the value 100 in the
list.

The explanation is accessible there:
http://download.gna.org/xenomai/documentation/tags/v2.0.1/pdf/Introduction-to-UVMs.pdf

In short, in the context of the UVM, a user-space copy of the nucleus is running embodied into your Linux process, this is the one that enforces the VxWorks priority levels. To this end, it only uses three scheduling levels from the real nucleus in kernel space it communicates with, in order to schedule the application threads: one for the interrupt services, one for the idle thread, and the final one for the thread that should be running application-wise. Non-running threads are simply suspended from the in-kernel nucleus POV.

regards,
Hans