On 20/08/10 14:31, Theo Veenker wrote:
> Here are my results. I've built 5 kernels:
> K1: 2.6.32.15 (without the adeos patch applied)
> K2: 2.6.32.15 + 2.5.4
> K3: 2.6.32.15 + 2.5.4 CONFIG_SMP off, CONFIG_X86_UP_API on, CONFIG_XENOMAI
> off, CONFIG_IPIPE on
> K4: 2.6.32.15 + 2.5.4 as (3) with CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC on
> K5: 2.6.32.7 with adeos-ipipe-2.6.32.7-x86-2.5-01.patch
>
> I now tested these kernels on four systems:
> A1: MSI 945P with Ubuntu 8.04
> A2: MSI 945P with Ubuntu 10.04
> B1: MSI p45 neo3 with Ubuntu 8.04
> B2: MSI p45 neo3 with Ubuntu 10.04
>
> A1 and A2 are identical systems from the same batch and B1 and B2 also.
>
> What worked:
>       A1              A2              B1              B2
> K1    Y               Y               Y               Y
> K2    Y               N/Y             Y               N
> K3    Y               N/Y             Y               N
> K4    Y               N/Y             Y               N
> K5    Y               N/Y             Y               N
>
> The No/Yes cases means on this system sometimes the kernel would boot
> (same as others have reported before). In the No cases I got no ouput
> on the attached console.

Hello. I would like to add my system to the statistics. I have an x86
single core host where the latest xenomai kernel I'm able to run is
2.6.30 with adeos patch 2.4.something (sorry, I do not have access to
this machine right now). Using adeos patch version 2.6 produces the same
problem as reported by Theo: no output after the boot loader.

I'm also using the latest grub provided by debian, version 1.92 I think.
I'll try with a different grub version when I'll be back to work.

Cheers,
--
Daniele