Richard Cochran wrote:
> I am running Xenomai 2.5 git master on a P2020 with kernel 2.6.36.
>
> We have a custom PCIe card that raise a MSI, with a normal (not rtdm)
> driver. It appears that the interrupt comes just once and then is
> stuck. It work under plain Linux, but I cannot rule out a HW timing
> bug either.
>
> The wiki pages
>
>    http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/FAQs
>    http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/Configuring_x86_kernels
>
> say not to enable MSI on x86, with a link to a very old (2008)
> discussion. I found a newer mail
>
>    https://mail.gna.org/public/xenomai-help/2010-01/msg00095.html
>
> claiming that MSI is okay.

No. This is my fault. I simply had forgotten that MSI were not OK on x86.

> Is there a known problem with MSI and Xenomai?

There is a known problem with MSI on x86 (explained by the FAQ link).

> If so, where/how can I start to get working on fixing it?
>
> (I don't need the MSI in a rtdm or adeos context.)

Given that the problem is that the interrupt controller ack/mask
functions (if I recall correctly) need, on x86, to use some Linux
primitives which can not be called from Xenomai domain, I am not sure it
is easy to fix. And the fact that you do not need the MSI in Xenomai
domain does not change anything, since ack/mask routines are called
ahead of the pipeline anyway.

--
                                            Gilles.