I would imagine it was nice, however, to have a userspace interrupt ISR so
that flaky code could be debugged in userspace before making it into a
driver?

-----Original Message-----
From: xenomai-help-boun...@gna.org [mailto:xenomai-help-boun...@gna.org] On
Behalf Of Gilles Chanteperdrix
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2011 9:53 AM
To: Makarand Pradhan
Cc: xenomai-help@gna.org
Subject: Re: [Xenomai-help] Interrupt numbers

On 12/23/2011 04:26 PM, Makarand Pradhan wrote:
> On 23/12/11 04:45 AM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
>>
>> Xenomai uses the same interrupt numbers as linux. But rt_intr_create
>> is deprecated in user-space, you should instead write a driver using
>> the rtdm skin. The enable bit is handled by xenomai when you request
>> the irq at xenomai level.
>>
> Hi Gilles,
>
> We use rt_intr_create in our code. So I am trying to understand the
> reasons for it being deprecated. So far, I have not been able to see
> any comments in the code regarding the deprecation or anything in the git
log.

Splitting your code between driver and application enforces a clean
separation between the two, which helps maintenance, so is good on the long
run.

> Can you pl comment on the reasons for deprecating rt_intr_create? Will
> it be removed in the next release?

We never change ABI in a branch, so, all releases in the 2.6 branch are
guaranteed to support the same services as xenomai 2.6.0.

But in xenomai 3.0, rt_intr_create will certainly no longer be available.
--
                                            Gilles.