On 04/25/2012 12:28 PM, Frederik Bayart wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> We are switching from linux 2.6.30.8 with xenomai 2.4.10  to linux 2.6.38.8
> with xenomai 2.6.0 (stable release) on debian lenny.

If you are concerned with security (which seems to be the case since you
want to avoid running real-time programs as root):
- you should note that debian lenny is no longer maintained for security
update (since february actually), so, an upgrade to squeeze is
recommended. Chances are that it is possible to become root when running
as an ordinary user on a lenny system without too much trouble.
- it is entirely possible that it is possible to become root abusing
xenomai interfaces, xenomai interfaces are not implemented with security
in mind.

That is not enough, you should also do what is said here:
http://www.xenomai.org/index.php/Non-root_RT

--
                                                                Gilles.