On 21/12/12 17:31, Philippe Gerum wrote:
On 12/21/2012 02:26 PM, Wolfgang Mauerer wrote:
Hi Gilles, Jan,

here's a proposal to make ipipe compatible with ftrace that
does not require global modifications to the preemption system,
but makes do with local changes. The approach should be easy
to maintain in the long run:

In the long run, we won't have any non-linux stacks to deal with.
Xenomai 3.x will be moving kernel-based threads over regular linux
kthreads soon, the conversion has begun today in my local tree actually.
I guess that nobody is going to be saddened to see this non-sense go
away (yes, I'm the original author of this non-sense, it's painful enough).

So basically, this patches series will be required for running the 2.6.x
series only. For this reason, on a general note, I'd like to see all
these extra bits moving to the legacy section in a way or another
(CONFIG_IPIPE_LEGACY).
sure, that's easy enough to do.

Thanks, Wolfgang