On 11/12/2013 09:34 PM, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:

Hi,

for a change, I ran the xeno-regression-test with a lot of debugging and
options known to having caused problems in the past and found two issues:

on x86 SMP, with full dynticks and debugging enabled (preemptible kernel
debugging, mutex, spinlocks, and sleep inside spinlocks), I get the
series of warnings at the end of the mail.

Our IRQ deferral might conflict with the RCU state logic (e.g. rcu-irq_enter/exit).

on ARM, when a fault occurs, the fault ode is entered with hardware irqs
off (this is a recent change in the mainline kernel, this code used to
be executed with hardware irqs on), so I do:

ipipe_stall_root();
hard_local_irq_enabled();

But the context checking does not like that.

You mean ipipe_root_only() triggers over the stall point?

--
Philippe.