On 11/26/2013 02:59 PM, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
On 26/11/2013 14:50, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
On 11/26/2013 02:40 PM, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
Hello,

I've noticed that the new cgit web interface to the git repositories
does not display the correct modification times for the repository in
the repository list.  I don't know what may cause this, the displayed
times seems completely arbitrary to me.

Maybe that is because the time displayed in the repository list is not
the modification time, but the idle time, as the title line indicates?

Sorry, wrong choice of words on my side. I believe that the idle time is
defined as (current time) - (modification time). Isn't it?

Still, for example, the xenomai-force repository has two branches:
"master" and "next", for which cgit shows an "Age" (which I believe
should be interpreted in the same way as "Idle") of respectively 24
hours and 3 weeks.  The "Idle" field in the repository list reports 11 days.

It seems you are mixing the time when the last push occurred with the time when the last commit occurred, with git the two are not necessarily correlated. If you look at other projects using cgit, kernel.org for instance, you will find the same disparities.

In the case of Xenomai, most of the repositories appear to have been pushed 11 days ago because this is the time when the repositories were cloned from the old xenomai server to the new xenomai server.

--
                                            Gilles.