On 01/23/2014 01:21 PM, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
Vanilla handles the alignment trap by emulating the faulting

instruction. Last time I checked, there were some problems related to

running the emulation over xenomai domain, though looking at the code

now, I see nothing which would prevent us from doing it.

Yes, I know. But the handling of unaligned accesses via trap handler must

be

enabled by the user and I'm not aware that this is needed for vanilla

Linux.

I remember reading on the LAKML that the alignment trap is needed for kernel operations, notably for the IP stack.

--
                                            Gilles.