> From: lsore...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca
> Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 13:41:38 -0400
> To: gilles.chanteperd...@xenomai.org
> CC: mobin.se...@live.com; xenomai@xenomai.org
> Subject: Re: [Xenomai] Raspberry Pi 2 patch - BCM2709
>
> On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 06:40:46PM +0200, Gilles Chanteperdrix wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 09:01:52PM +0430, mobin Motallebizadeh wrote:
> > > None of them talk about rpi 2 which is from another architecture.
> >
> > That is simply not true. rpi2 processor has an ARM core, just like rpi.
>
> Yes armv6 and armv7 are not different architectures, just different
> generations, and given apparently the pheripherals of the two bcm chips,
> they should be fairly compatible, although I suppose one being quad core
> and having probably a different IRQ controller could cause some work to
> need to be done (almost certainly, although it might be a standard
> arm gic, I haven't looked at that part of the pi 2 yet, given when I got
> one, my wife immediately took it and I haven't got to touch it since.
> Apparently I should have gotten two.).
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

I've made some patches [see attachments]. I've just modified  ipipe patch for
3.18.12 and raspberry related patches to match RPi repo
[https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux] which is 3.18.14 .
the resulting kernel img boots without IPIPE and XENOMAI configs
successfully(of course!) but with IPIPE doesn't boot.(so I haven't netconsole
working)
any suggestion to make it work will be appreciated.