On 01/18/2016 01:34 PM, Nicolas SCHURANDO wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> In your previous message you suggested that something might be wrong
> with the way the application is initialized. And my message was an
> attempt at further describing what I had already done.
>
> Oh, I see. I suppose the tense of my message was misleading. I meant
> that I had already read the documentation prior to reaching out to you,
> and the compiler and linker commands above are the one I had already used.
>
> Are you confirming that the init seems to happen fine ? And if so, what
> could explain the error I get when trying to spawn the VxWorks task ?

The only reason would be that copperplate_init() did not run, which
means that your application init sequence does not work as expected.

You may want to pick the latest changes from stable-3.0.x, and start
your application with the --trace option. This will trace the init
sequence from xenomai_init() onward. For a VxWorks application based on
the copperplate layer running over Cobalt, you should see something
along these lines:

# /your/application --trace
--  xenomai_init() running
--  cobalt->init()
--  connected to Cobalt
--  memory locked
--  memory heaps mapped
--  boilerplate->init()
--  copperplate->init()
--  alchemy->init()
--  initialization complete

If you don't see such output, then something is wrong.

--
Philippe.