On 05/31/2016 04:09 PM, Wolfgang Netbal wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we have moved our application from "XENOMAI 2.6.2.1 + Linux 3.0.43" to
> "XENOMAI 2.6.4. + Linux 3.10.53". Our target is an i.MX6DL. The system
> is now up and running and works stable. Unfortunately we see a
> difference in the performance. Our old combination (XENOMAI 2.6.2.1 +
> Linux 3.0.43) was slightly faster.

Could you quantify "slightly faster"? This is a dual kernel system, so
changes on either the regular kernel side and/or the co-kernel side may
have a measurable impact.

> At the moment it looks like that XENOMAI 2.6.4 calls
> xnpod_schedule_handler much more often then XENOMAI 2.6.2.1 in our old
> system.  Every call of xnpod_schedule_handler interrupts our main
> XENOMAI task with priority = 95.

That handler is attached to the inter-processor interrupt used for
rescheduling tasks running on a remote CPU. You may want to check the
CPU affinity settings of your tasks, and the way they interact/synchronize.

--
Philippe.