Hi

During optimisation I found out that I have a POSIX socket() call for
opening a TCP connection that tends to switch to secondary mode, which
I expected to stay in primary mode. However, then I found a post [1],
which says that it is in fact considered normal behaviour:

"rt_dev_socket may cause a switch to secondary mode, yes, this is
perfectly normal, only sending and receiving data is guaranteed to not
cause a switch to secondary mode."

I also saw that this post was from 2014.... I am wondering now if this
is still considered normal behaviour for the current version of
socket() (POSIX skin of Xenomai 2.4.6 on arm linux 3.0.35)?

Thanks and regards,

Andreas

[1] https://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2014-December/032759.html