Am Mon, 4 Dec 2017 11:34:16 +0100
schrieb Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <l...@alaxarxa.net>:

> Hi,
>
> On 01/12/17 16:13, Henning Schild wrote:
> > Am Thu, 30 Nov 2017 12:27:22 +0100
> > schrieb Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <l...@alaxarxa.net>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>

> >> if someone is interested I have been working a bit with the debian
> >> directory in xenomai3.
> >>
> >> I have changed the approach to the libraries. I think that now it
> >> has not sense to have a libxenomai1 so I have changed it to
> >> xenomai3-libs.
> >>
> >> The source, and the patches applied are here:
> >>
> >> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/xenomai.git/
> >>
> >> In case there's some interest, I can try to push it again to the
> >> official Debian repositories.
> >
> > Publishing them to Debian would be the ideal case.
>
> Ok, so first go for it ;-)

Well good luck ;). Please make sure to add this list to CC. Even if you
fail the feedback might be valueable to improve what we have in tree.

> But how about you
> > send those patches to this list? After all we have the debian-subdir
> > and people are using it!
>
> Who? I think that current debian directory doesn't work for Xenomai
> 3. Did you try?

Yes i am using it. They might not be ideal but i also did not have any
problems with the packages.

> I'm from the opinion that the debian directory, to generate debian
> packages doesn't belongs to upstream. But, I'm open to send any
> patch. Just I would like to know if there are some critical mass.

We had that discussion before. I think there are quite a few people
that install xenomai with debian-packages. And as long as upstream
(Debian) does not maintain that folder, it makes some sense to keep it
in the sources. Otherwise we would need another repo just for that, and
establish a lock-step mechanism like submodules.
If we do not get upstream Debian to take care of them, i would suggest
to simplify the whole thing. i.e. maybe just throw all in one package.

> > I am using it and i was wondering about the names, but never had a
> > big enough issue to actually review what is going on in there.
> > So please prepare a patchq and send it here.
>
> Are you using it with Xenomai3?

Yes both on Ubuntu 16.04 as well as Debian9.

Henning