Hi,
  I configured a xenomai 3 system on a x86 i7 not too long ago, I got
really got latency results. Here is what I did when I configured my
system:
Menu config options:

* Power management and ACPI options
  --> CPU Frequency scaling
      --> CPU Frequency scaling (Disable)
  --> ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
      --> Processor (Disable)
  --> CPU Idle
      --> CPU idle PM support (Disable)
* Pocessor type and features
  --> Enable maximum number of SMP processors and NUMA nodes (Disable)
  // Ref : http://xenomai.org/pipermail/xenomai/2017-September/037718.html
  --> Processor family
      --> Core 2/newer Xeon (if "cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep family"
returns 6, set as Generic otherwise)
  // Xenomai will issue a warning about CONFIG_MIGRATION, disable
those in this order
  --> Transparent Hugepage Support (Disable)
  --> Allow for memory compaction (Disable)
  --> Contiguous Memory Allocation (Disable)
  --> Allow for memory compaction
    --> Page Migration (Disable)

I also followed the steps here:
https://xenomai.org/2014/06/dealing-with-x86-smi-troubles/

There was a print in the dmesg for my system telling me I didn't have
the SMI work around applied.

Hope this helps, take a look at the Xenomai website for help with
getting started using the ipipe tracer if you want to start debugging
software latency.

-Greg