On 2018-04-03 16:10, Lange Norbert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I went ahead and created a script to add support for Xenomai (3+) to CMake.
> Its currently sufficient for me,
> but I would like to get this in a shape that it is useful and robust enough
> for most people.
> Ultimately it should end up up streamed to CMake (I hope the
> binutils-specific wrappers aren't a knock-out against adoption).
>
> Mostly this should interest people that want to use CMake, but a few things
> might need support from the Xenomai distribution.
> To be more specific: using precompiled object-files like the boostrap code
> and its linker wraps and redirections are something I would
> like to avoid, or atleast offer an alternative that does not need that much
> work outside of a "regular build".
> For that, having the bootstrap code (configurable or a few variants)
> installed as sourcecode would help.
>
> Code is uploaded to Github : https://github.com/nolange/cmake_xenomai

Thanks for sharing this. IIRC, we have some Xeommai user in-house as
well who looked into cmake, need to check the status and scope again
(maybe Henning knows more). Could be interesting, indeed.

For my understanding: You need cmake upstream changes to make things
work? Or is this project something that could eventually be carried in
Xenomai upstream, just requiring some cmake version >= X?

Jan