On 2018-08-15 06:17 AM, Per Oberg wrote:
I find that the build instructions on the wiki seems outdated:

https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/wikis/Installing_Xenomai_3

I'm not completely sure about this however. It suggests in several places
building using mainline kernel and a ipipe-patch. I haven't downloaded any
tarballs since I couldn't get in to the repo but I remembered something about
the patching being deprecated in favor of using the git version instead.

Should this be reflected on the wiki?

Per Öberg

HI,
  The ipipe patch is always needed. You do have the option to use the ipipe trees directly in which case you don't need to patch mainline Linux because it's already done for you in the ipipe trees.   The tarballs are different, those are just the Xenomai bits.  We are encouraging everyone to use the stable branch in git instead since it contains all the latest fixes.  I'll look at the installing instructions and update them accordingly.

Thanks very much for the feedback,

-Greg