----- Den 28 maj 2019, på kl 8:45, Jan Kiszka jan.kis...@siemens.com skrev:

> On 27.05.19 18:13, Per Oberg wrote:

> > ----- Den 27 maj 2019, på kl 10:22, Jan Kiszka jan.kis...@siemens.com skrev:

> >> Can you try if the issue is also present in stable/v3.0.x or master?

>> At a first glance it looks like the bug is fixed. However, I couldn't make it
>> work in 3.0.8 because of compilation issues with the kernel. In current
>> master
> > it works however.

> Can you share the compilation issues? Either they have been fixed in git, or
> they better should be before the next release.

I'm compiling using my own Yocto setup based on meta-xenomai from [1] below.
For some reason I couldn't compile the kernel modules because of a missing
rtdm/net.h. I noticed that there was a split in the git tree while back so I
guess that's the original culprit.

However, I was never able to figure out if I had some old Xenomai-stuff laying
around in the wrong places or if I forgot to update my sdk. Further, I was not
able to get the actual compilation environment or see the real "cc commands".
Instead of digging around further I decided to check master.

So, either Yocto kept the old kernel source or there is something else broken
in 3.0.8 compilation. I haven't been able to tell which is more likely. When I
created my own 3.0.8a release files based on master it started working again
without cleaning anything else out.

This is one example of the error:
In file included from
.../kernel-source/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/include/rtdev.h:37:0,
                 from
.../kernel-source/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/include/rtnet_port.h:32,
                 from
.../kernel-source/drivers/xenomai/net/drivers/8139too.c:54:
.../kernel-source/drivers/xenomai/net/stack/include/rtskb.h:32:10: fatal error:
rtdm/net.h: No such file or directory

> >> Jan

> >> PS: 4.9 is EOL by now.

>> Yes, I've been meaning to upgrade to 4.14, but I got the feeling there was
> > something iffy going on for quite a while?

> What exactly do you mean?

Sorry for being unclear. With iffy I meant that I've been seeing some reports
of issues people have had, and I was probably more wrong than right. It's kind
of hard to figure out afterwards if issues you only glanced on when they passed
the mailing list was ever fixed, only a glitch, or something serious. The
bug-reporting system seems a bit under-used =)

Anyway, I was referring to these:
- [4] In my mind it was only yesterday it was released, but time flies.
- [5] with a follow up that it was also for real hardware
- [6] perhaps only amd issue ?
- [7] kvm only issue ?

> Jan

[1] https://bitbucket.org/pficheux/meta-xenomai/src