Hello,

I have multiple threads, one of them is realtime, one other is responsible for
controlling the service.

The controlling thread blocks on some linux sockets, the realtime one has a
select on a RT socket and a timeout.

I now have the problem that I need to wake up the other thread under some
circumstances, not always (then I would just poll),
but potentially in regular burst (forwarding packets).
>From the docs, XDDP seems the only solution, I wonder if there are more.

1) Connect the threads with a XDDP socket, add the fd in the select calls.
2) Atleast when Linux is waking up Xenomai, I could use an IDDP/BUFP socket
with the linux thread then being promoted for the duration of the call.
3) Signals? Could they be used to interrupt the select (both linux and cobalt
variant)?. The POSIX skin has no pselect so I wonder how I would make sure the
signal
is only delivered during select

All the RTIPC sockets seem to use a global pool of ports, and I believe XDDP to
be rather heavyweight.I am looking for an efficient way (in total CPU time) to
unblock a thread,
It does not need to have lowest latency.

(Note that this is in the same process, so I would prefer something like
socketpair to open up an anonymous "pipe" not feeding from global ports).

Mit besten Grüßen / Kind regards

NORBERT LANGE
AT-DES

ANDRITZ HYDRO GmbH
Eibesbrunnergasse 20
1120 Vienna / AUSTRIA
p: +43 50805 56684
norbert.la...@andritz.com
andritz.com
________________________________

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of the intended
recipients. They may contain privileged and/or confidential information or
other information protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any
attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your
system.

ANDRITZ HYDRO GmbH

Rechtsform/ Legal form: Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung / Corporation

Firmensitz/ Registered seat: Wien

Firmenbuchgericht/ Court of registry: Handelsgericht Wien

Firmenbuchnummer/ Company registration: FN 61833 g

DVR: 0605077

UID-Nr.: ATU14756806

Thank You