On 27.06.19 15:56, Henning Schild via Xenomai wrote:
Am Mon, 24 Jun 2019 13:29:16 +0200
schrieb Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@siemens.com>:

On 24.06.19 13:18, Henning Schild wrote:
Am Mon, 24 Jun 2019 08:32:24 +0200
schrieb Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@siemens.com>:
On 21.06.19 18:04, Henning Schild via Xenomai wrote:
Hi Jan,

works fine. The only thing that did not was the gdb smokey test.
FAILURE run_gdb:288: checking expression "primary_mode", expected
"$", found "N"

did not look into where this came from.

OK, didn't see that so far. Did you only see this on 4.19 so far,
ie. did you test 4.14 or older with master recently?

Switches from stable to master for just this one, so can not tell.

Tested todays master but think the 4.19 changes should be
backported to stable as well.

I'm not planning for that due to the number of changes involved.
3.1 will come out "soon", and that is for newer kernels.

Ok.

I also ran into an smb issue from upstream, which is fixed there.
So i think this should be rebased on latest 4.19 eventually. Or
leave it on 33 and merge for the first release.

Which one exactly?

37, but is there anything from preventing 55?

I was referring to the concrete issue, or commit. I will rebase, I
just wanted to reduce the number of variables during the initial
stabilization.

upstream 088aaf17aa79300cab14dbee2569c58cfafd7d6e
stable c69330a855ab4342d304f67f8c1e7d1fa2686bec

Ah, SMB - I've read SMP and was expecting some thrilling patch.

BTW, regarding the failing smokey gdb test: Check if gdb is available on the target. That is now a precondition.

Jan