On 08.07.19 15:02, Mario Molitor via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello  Xenomai-Community,
>
> we are seeming to have a migration problem by our internal synchronization
> kernel-module.
>
> The module try to get timestamp of Host-Real-Time-Clock in Real-Time IRQ
> context.
> In the old version of XENOMAI (2.6.5) it was possible to use XENOMAI POSIX
> function directly (clock_gettime(CLOCK_HOST_REALTIME,tp)) in the kernel
> module.
>
> But with XENOMAI version 3.0.7 is this not possible and I haven't found any
> good workaround in the moment.
>
> We use Xenomai in combination with kernel 4.14.71.
>
> Every hint or suggestion are welcome.

First of all, all in-kernel APIs have been deprecated and removed in favor of
RTDM driver APIs. However, RTDM does not expose this clock directly. You can
only do rtdm_clock_read (realtime) or rtdm_clock_read_monotonic().

We could add a host_realtime API to RTDM if there is a good use case. And that
would include a reason why the timestamp adjustment (monotonic -> host-realtime)
cannot be done in the userspace application that consumes the driver data.

Also note that CLOCK_HOST_REALTIME is broken for releases prior to
ipipe-core-4.14.132-x86-6.

Jan