On 09.07.19 16:49, Lange Norbert via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am opening a packetsocket, which is supposed to be realtime. Unfortunatly
> if the rtpacket (rtnet?) module is not loaded,
> then this will just silently fall back to a linux packet socket. Then later
> demote thread during accesses.
>
> How would I be able to detect this early during startup? I could __STD(close)
> the descriptor and check the returncode for EBADF I suppose...

Yeah, looks this is some feature we lost while embedding the RTDM file
descriptor range into the regular Linux space.

We could either add a compile-time or runtime feature to libcobalt that permits
to disable this silent fallback again or introduce alternative open and socket
implementations that do not expose this behavior. Spontaneously, I would be in
favor or a runtime switch for the existing implementations.

Jan