On 8/21/19 12:42 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
On 21.08.19 12:07, steven.seeger flightsystems.net via Xenomai wrote:
Hi Quirin. It looks like I need to move powerpc over to 4.19 as well. I have
been discussing this with some industry partners.

In fact, there is even no ppc support for xenomai-images yet. At least a qemu virtual test target would be of high value, though.

I was briefly discussing this with Quirin, but there are some risks, effort-wise. First, we have no idea if Debian/Isar will "just work" for a ppc32 target - likely no one did that before, though adding MIPS to Isar was trivial. And then we have no idea about the required qemu-system setup to test the result. I mean, we could have a look but we may quickly need support by a ppc expert or need to stop again when things become too nasty.

After a short look into it: Adding ppc32 to Debian/Isar could take some major effort as Debian no longer supports the ppc32 architecture[1].

[1] https://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/

Quirin