On 16.12.19 13:36, Lange Norbert via Xenomai wrote:
Hi,

I have such a setup, where I push/pull ethernet traffic from an Application
every millisecond:

[App] ---IDDP--> [RTSwitch] --ETH_P_ALL socket--> [rt_igp]
[App] <---IDDP-- [RTSwitch] <--ETH_P_ALL socket-- [rt_igp]
[Tun] <---tundev---/

Now I am sometimes missing packets that the other side should definitely have
sent. I wanted to use rtcap
to inspect this issue, but unfortunately then I get messed up data so that I
can't even finish some handshake procedures.

Is there some incompatibility between RTCAP and ETH_P_ALL (which makes its own
copies of rtskb's)?
Btw, I can't unload rtap/rtnet once loaded.

There is at least no known incompatibility but it may simply have never been tested in that combination.

Do you see corruption on packets sent from the rtcap machine or received by it?

Jan