System hang usually because of the CPU run into a dead loop.
Most common debug method is enable serial port and enable/add  kernel log by
hand.

Intel do offers advanced debug tools(similar with Lauterbach Trace32):
Intel System Debugger ( part of the Intel System Studio suite)
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/system-studio/debug.html

hardware:
https://designintools.intel.com/
C01 - Intel SVT DCI DbC2/3 A-to-A Debug Cable 1 Meter, $10

a lot of public pages on this topic, u can search "Intel DCI USB"
https://www.ptsecurity.com/ww-en/analytics/where-theres-a-jtag-theres-a-way/

the dependency to use DCI USB Cable & System Debugger software is, u need a
debug version BIOS that
enabled this debug feature, Aaeon's UP Xtreme offer such BIOS, see
https://up-shop.org/up-xtreme-i7.html

BR / Fino (孟祥夫)
Intel – IOTG Developer Enabling