On 25.09.20 22:57, Vitaly Chikunov via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While making Xenomai packages for ALT Linux I try to test various use
> cases, but found some troubles:
>
> There is `demo/alchemy/altency.c` source. It compiles OK for Mercury,
> but fails for Cobalt.
>
> Page
>

> https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/-/wikis/Building_Applications_For_Xenomai_3
>
> implies that it's enough to pass xeno-config output as gcc args. So, I try:
>
>   demo/alchemy# gcc altency.c `/usr/lib/xenomai/cobalt/bin/xeno-config
> --posix --alchemy --cflags --ldflags` -lpthread -lrt -lm
>   altency.c:447:10: fatal error: cobalt/uapi/syscall.h: No such file or
> directory
>     447 | #include <cobalt/uapi/syscall.h>
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>   compilation terminated.
>
> `cobalt/uapi/syscall.h` looks like it belongs kernel headers. But, I
> don't find anywhere that kernel headers should be used for cobalt
> applications. (If I add to the gcc:
>
>   -I/usr/src/linux-4.19.140-xenomai-alt1.cip33.14/include/xenomai
>
> the demo compiles OK.)
>
> If kernel headers they are required - shouldn't xeno-config pass them?
> Or this is documented somewhere I missed?
>
> Thanks,

Good catch. That happens when you do not build code in the actually
envisioned environment, the one you described above, but inside the safe
Xenomai world.

Solution is simple, though: That include is obsolete, you can build the
demo without it. I'll send a patch (which will likely clean up out build
system as well).

Jan