>>> +
>>> +if test x$kernelshark_plugin = xy -o x$libtraceevent_plugin = xy; then
>>> +   PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBTRACEEVENT, libtraceevent)
>>> +   PKG_CHECK_VAR(XENO_LIBTRACEEVENT_INSTALLDIR, libtraceevent, libdir)
>>> +fi
>>> +
>>> +if test x$kernelshark_plugin = xy; then
>>> +   PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBKSHARK, libkshark)
>>> +   PKG_CHECK_VAR(XENO_KSHARK_INSTALLDIR, libkshark, libdir)
>>> +fi
>>> +
>>>  AC_MSG_CHECKING([for test source generation])
>>>  AC_RUN_IFELSE([AC_LANG_PROGRAM([[ ]], [[ ]])],
>>>      [AC_MSG_RESULT(ok)], [AC_MSG_RESULT(failed)],
>>> [AC_MSG_RESULT(untestable)])
>>
>> Jan
>>

>CFLAGS and LDFLAGS are not set for both plugins, so the build fails.
>I'll fix this up as well.

When PKG_CHECK_MODULES(VARIABLE, module) check successfully , it automatically
create variable VARIABLE_CFLAGS and
VARIABLE_LIBS which should be LDFLAGS. Both patch 3 and patch 4 use them
accordingly. I do not why build fails on your side.
On my Ubuntu 18.04 system,  It always build successfully.

Regards

Hongzhan Chen