Hello,

I'm in the process of porting a windows app which uses
xerces-c 2.5.0 (SAX) to Linux (g++).  The application
uses wchar_t internally for all it's string
manipulation including it's interactions with the
xerces sax parser.  I'm getting compiler errors on
linux.  If I understand the situation correctly, this
is because XMLChar is two bytes on all platforms which
matches wchar_t on Windows but not on Linux on which
wchar_t is four bytes.

Maybe this isn't strictly speaking a xerces question
but I figure the people on this list must have
experience with the issue.  I'd like to leave as much
of the code using wchar_t as possible, and only make
changes when required to interact with xerces.  For
example, in ContentHandler::characters( ), I'd like to
copy the XMLCh* data returned, to wchar_t on both
platforms.  Will XMLString::transcode( ) do what I
want?  I'm a little confused.  Thanks for any guidance
anyone can offer.

-exits